Justin Bieber "Word of the Day" Good Day Columbus Giveaway Contest
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Ohio residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WTTE/WSYX viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WSYX and WTTE (collectively the Station), WWHO, Nationwide Arena, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winners per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per Friday.
2. Weekdays between Monday, April 29, 2013 and Friday, May 24, 2013 (the Contest Period), viewers will be asked to watch ABC 6 7am newscast which airs weekdays on WTTE Channel 28 between 7am and 9am, and watch for the Justin Bieber Word of the Day. Each Friday during the Contest Period viewers will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time during the FOX 28 news from 7am-9am which airs on WTTE channel 28.
3. The first caller that calls the contest line during ABC 6 news @ 11:00pm newscast that has all five (5) Word of the Day correct from that week will be declared the winner. There will be a total of four (4) winners during the Contest Period.
4. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
5. Each winner will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answers required to be given are correct.
6. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestants telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Each of the four (4) winners will receive two (2) tickets to the Justin Bieber concert at Nationwide Arena on July 12, 2013, and roundtrip limousine transportation from WTTE-TV station 1261 Dublin Road Columbus OH 43215 to Nationwide Arena. Each prize is valued at $250.00. The Station and sponsors are not responsible if the concert is cancelled or postponed.
2. The winners will be notified at the time of their call. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will not be selected. In such event, the prize will remain the property of the Station.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on the prize based on the estimated retail value of the prize as set forth in these rules from the station.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winners for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received, and the order in which phone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTTE/WSYX, 1261 Dublin Road, Columbus OH 43215 and on the station website at www.myFOX28columbus.com and www.ABC6onyourside.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WTTE/WSYX, Attn: Justin Bieber Word of the Day contest, 1261 Dublin Road, Columbus OH 43215 by May 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Nationwide Arena accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prize or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.