GDC: In The Kitchen: Fresh Kitchen
Fresh Kitchen Grilled Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
Served with Spinach & Kale and Citrus Vinaigrette
Recipe serves 4
1# Chicken Breast – cleaned
¼ Cup – Kosher Salt
1 Stalk Celery
½ Small Onion – Diced
1 Yellow Squash
1 Sweet Bell Pepper
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Honey or Molasses
¼ Cup Olive Oil
1 pkg Spinach & Kale Blend
Your Favorite Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Trim off all fat from chicken. Place chicken, salt, carrot, celery and onions in plastic or glass container. Cover with water. Brine your chicken 1 day ahead.
2. Whisk balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey until well dissolved. Continue whisking while drizzling olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Set aside. Can be done a day ahead
3. Set oven to 400-degrees. Cube all veggies into bite sized pieces. Toss with Balsamic coating. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil. Spray foil with Pam spray. Spread veggies on cookie sheet & sprinkle with Kosher salt. Place in middle of oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse chicken. Cut into bite sized pieces. In a medium-high heat skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsp oil. Place your chicken cubes. After 2 minutes, turn over. Cook all the way through, until the inside is completely white. Remove from heat.
5. To assemble, place a handful of greens on the plate, top with your colorful veggies. Add ¼ of the chicken and drizzle with your vinaigrette.