Key Lime Pie Sundae Overload (recipe)
Key Lime Pie Sundae Overload
- Graeter’s Key Lime Pie ice cream
- 1 cup lime curd, plus more for serving
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Shortbread Triangles (store-bought or homemade)?
- Beat ice cream in a bowl just until softened. Fold in curd, leaving streaks. Transfer to a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 2 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- Combine egg whites and sugar in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water; whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is warm to the touch. Transfer to a mixer and whisk until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes. Whisk in vanilla. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Scoop two balls of ice cream into each serving bowl. Top each with curd. Pipe meringue on one side. Serve, with shortbread.