$10 Tuesday: Baked Meatball Sandwiches (recipe)
BAKED MEATBALL SANDWICHES
- 6-8 Hawaiian bread hot dog buns
- 1 package frozen pre-made turkey meatballs
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 -1 1/2 cups shredded 3-cheese blend
- Fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
Heat broiler. Line a jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick coating. Open buns and place on foil. Broil until lightly browned and remove from broiler. Turn oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium saucepan, combine the meatballs with the pasta sauce and heat. Stir gently on medium-low for approximately 20 minutes.
With a slotted spoon, place 4 meatballs into each bun. Top with a small amount of remaining sauce. Sprinkle all with cheese.
Serve, with basil strips, to taste, over each sandwich.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
* Sandwiches can be wrapped individually in foil. Spray with non-stick coating and tent the foil on top of each sandwich to allow the cheese to melt. Place on a co