$10 Tuesday: Creamy Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 1 4 ounce package fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 6-ounce package fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 15-ounce jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 6 ounces shredded Italian cheeses, divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium skillet, sauté the mushrooms and garlic in one tablespoon olive oil. Stir in spinach and pesto.
- In another bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, chicken broth and chicken. Spread one-third of Alfredo mixture into a lightly greased 11x9-inch baking dish. Top with half of the spinach/pesto mixture.
- Stir together cooked pasta, remaining chicken/Alfredo sauce mixture and spoon one-half of the mixture over the spinach/pesto. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese and repeat layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil and then remove foil. Top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. Top with chopped fresh basil and paprika.