Candied Apple Granita with Salty Caramel ice cream (recipe)
Candied Apple Granita with Salty Caramel ice cream
Makes about 10-12 large servings
- 12 apples (preferably gala from Lynd Fruit Farm), sliced with skin and core removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Beet shavings for color, optional
- 2 pints Salty Caramel ice cream
- Add apples, sugar, lemons, and beet shavings to a blender, and blend until fully combined. Pour the mixture into a 9×9 pan and freeze it. Every 2 hours, remove the pan from the freezer and scrape the mixture with a fork to loosen it up. Repeat the process until the apple mixture is frozen, about 6 hours.
- Have fun with plating. Go traditional and place a few generous scoops of granita in a shallow bowl, and top with a scoop of Salty Caramel. Garnish with fresh whipped cream or springs of thyme. Or, serve it parfait style in a glass, layering granita with Salty Caramel and garnish.