Healthy Super Bowl Snacks
COLUMBUS — Try out these delicious and healthy recipes for your Super Bowl Sunday thanks to Columbus Nutrition Company.
TURKEY PESTO CUCUMBER ROLL-UPS
Makes 16-18 roll-ups
3 medium cucumbers (each will yield about 6 slices) 1 medium bell pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
¼ cup store-bought or homemade pesto, divided ½ cup spinach, shredded
6 ounces deli turkey breast, shredded To taste salt and pepper
1. Slice the cucumbers lengthwise on a mandoline at about a 2mm setting (If you don’t have a mandoline, you can use a
vegetable peeler). Place the cucumber slices on parchment or wax paper and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto on each cucumber, then evenly distribute turkey (you can pat the turkey dry with a
paper towel if desired, too), bell pepper and spinach on each. Sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper. Roll up and
place seam down (If you want an even nicer presentation, you you can put a toothpick in the middle for easy appetizers).
3. Serve with extra pesto, hummus or other sauce of choice!
SHEET PAN GAME DAY NACHOS
Makes 6 nacho stacks
24-30 corn or grain-free (Siete brand) tortilla chips
6-12 tablespoons natural shredded cheese
Sprinkle taco seasoning on each nacho stack, to taste
Toppings of choice: black beans, diced tomatoes, fresh salsa, avocado, guacamole, greek yogurt, and/or shredded lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Build six nacho stacks on a parchment-lined baking sheet by alternately layering tortilla chips with bakeable toppings,
such as black beans, pinto beans and/or shredded cheese. Sprinkle each stack with taco seasoning as desired.
3. Bake until cheese is melted and nachos are warm throughout, about 6 minutes.
4. Garnish with cold toppings of choice, such as diced tomatoes, fresh salsa, avocado, guacamole, and/or Greek yogurt.
DARK CHOCOLATE CRUNCH TRUFFLES
Makes 36 balls
10 ounces dark chocolate chips ( I use Enjoylife brand) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut oil ¼ cup cocoa nibs
1 cup full-fat coconut milk ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Then, pour the coconut milk over the
chocolate and coconut oil, and stir ever-so-gently to combine.
3. Add the vanilla extract and stir to incorporate.
4. Transfer the chocolate mixture to a sealed container and chill in the fridge until solid (at least 4 hours or overnight).
5. Meanwhile, place shredded coconut into a shallow bowl.
6. Using a small (1-inch in diameter) melon baller or disher, scoop out 36 balls. Roll each ball of chocolate between your
palms to form a smooth ball, rolling in cocoa nibs as you create individual balls.
7. Coat each truffle in shredded coconut and sift the excess through your fingers.
8. Truffles can be kept in an airtight container for a week in the fridge, or about three months in the freezer.