Nutty Banana Hemp Granola (recipe)
Lauren Blake (Whole Living Lauren) stopped by to share some exciting news with viewers along with a delicious Nutty Banana Hemp Granola recipe:
Nutty Banana Hemp Granola
|Makes about 6 cups|
- 2 ripe bananas
- 7 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cups chopped, unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees (F). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bananas and pitted dates in a food processor and blend on high until smooth. Add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and blend until smooth and well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, walnuts, and hemp seeds. Pour the banana date blend on top and mix until the oat mixture is well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes of baking, take the granola out of the oven and use a spatula to flip and mix the granola to ensure even baking. Return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. The granola should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature on the cookie sheet before transferring to a storage container.
*It is important to let the granola completely cool on the baking sheet. This is what will ensure the crunchy clusters!
*To keep fresh, store in a sealed glass container (I use Mason jars).