Seafood Coulibiac from the Refectory (recipe)
(MARBLE OF FRESH SEAFOOD IN PASTRY)
for the walleye mousse
- 4 ounces Lake Walleye, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
1. Place the walleye in a food processor or robot coup. Season with salt and
pepper. Run the food processor on high for one minute, scrape down the bowl
2. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time, allowing for them to be
incorporated. Scrape down the bowl again.
3. Again with the motor running, slowly add heavy cream.
When the cream is absorbed, place the mousse in a large stainless steel bowl.
Preparing the Coulibiac
- 8 ounces each, salmon, halibut, walleye
- 1 - 8 ounce sheet puff pastry
1. Dice fish into large pieces, add into the mousse, add chives
2. Roll puff pastry to 8" x 12"
3. Place parchment with the 12" side facing you on baking sheet
4. Form a log of mousse along the front half of the 12" side
5. Using a pastry brush, paint a thin coat of water on the pastry
6. Fold the pastry over the mousse
7. Coat with egg wash
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes