Shrimp and Grits (recipe)
By Biscuit and Branch
Shrimp n’ Grits
- 10 - 16/20 count shrimp, cooked
- 5 medium cremini mushrooms, sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 T. minced shallots
- 1 t. minced fresh thyme
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. thin sliced green onions
- 2 cups cheese grits
- Place a nonstick skillet over a medium flame, add the olive oil and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper and lightly brown on both sides.
- Add the shallots and garlic, cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, bacon, butter, thyme and a squeeze of lemon. Cook 1 minute, just until the mushrooms cook through and a light sauce has formed.
- Divide the grits between 2 plates, present the shrimp around and pour everything else into the middle.
- Sprinkle the top with the green onions. Serve right away. Enjoy!