Buca di Beppo Lasagna2-4 Servings
by Buca di Beppo
Marinara, prepared cup
Lasagna Noodles, cooked, cooled and drained. Enough to make 9 layers
Meat Sauce, prepared 3 cups
Ricotta cheese 1 pound
Eggs, 1 whole, beaten
Shredded Provolone, cup
Shredded Mozzarella, cup
Salt 1/4 tsp
Chopped Fresh Parsley 1 tsp
Fresh Garlic Chopped 2 tsp
Use a loaf pan, 4 deep. Spray bottom and sides liberally with pan spray. You can
also line the inside of the pan with a plastic pan saver. Be sure to not let the plastic
fold into a layer of the lasagna as the lasagna is built.
2. Place Marinara evenly in the bottom of the pan.
3. Cover Marinara with one layer of lasagna noodles.
4. Evenly spread cup Meat Sauce over the pasta, followed by Parmesan cheese
sprinkled evenly over the top of the Meat Sauce.
5. Cover Meat Sauce with one layer of lasagna noodles and repeat Step 4. After the
second layer of meat sauce is down and covered with one layer of lasagna noodles,
proceed to step 6.
6. Combine ricotta, salt, parsley, garlic and eggs in a small mixing bowl using a kitchen
spoon to mix.
7. Evenly spread of a cup Ricotta/Egg Mixture on the lasagna noodles.
8. Top the Ricotta/Egg Mixture with cup each of provolone and mozzarella cheeses.
9. Top the cheeses with a single layer of Lasagna Noodles. Even out the filling under the
noodles using a rubber spatula.
10.Repeat step 4 three times to get three more layers of the Meat Sauce. Place a single
layer of lasagna noodles down each time after the Meat Sauce is spread evenly and
topped with Parmesan cheese.
11.Repeat steps 7-8, creating another layer of the cheese filling.
12.Repeat step 4 for the remaining two layers of meat sauce.
13.The top of the 9th layer of lasagna noodles should be covered with Meat Sauce and
14.The lasagna will be built as follows: 2 layers of meat sauce, one layer of cheese filling,
3 layers of meat sauce, one layer of cheese filling, 2 layers of meat sauce.
15. Wrap top of pan with plastic wrap first, then aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 375
16. Place the wrapped loaf pan into a 9X13 pan. Add water to the 9X13 pan until it is half
17. Place in oven and bake at 375F oven for one hour.
18.Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
19. Lasagna can be served directly out of the loaf pan or invert the lasagna out of the pan
onto a oven safe platter, top lasagna with additional marinara sauce and a slice of
mozzarella, bake until mozzarella is melted and golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley.
This recipe aired 072913