5-year-old finds parents overdosed in Middletown home
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (WKRC) - A five-year-old boy walked two blocks to his stepgrandfather's house to tell him his parents were dead. Chelsie Marshall and Lee Johnson hadn't died but they had overdosed, according to Middletown Police.
When the little boy alerted his stepgrandfather, Kenneth Currey, Currey called police. Paramedics were able to revive both Marshall and Johnson with Narcan at their Hill Avenue home. According to a police report, Marshall needed seven doses.
Johnson was taken to jail, after admitted that he had used heroin. Marshall was taken to the hospital and then to jail. Both are charged with endangering children and disorderly conduct involving heroin.
Police also found a three-month-old baby at the home crying in a car seat. Officers called Butler County Children's services, who took the children from the home.
A white residue was found on a chair. That was collected and sent to a lab for further testing.