Three injured in northeast Columbus condo explosion
Fire investigators said two adults and a child were hurt after an explosion at a condo unit at the New Albany Village Condominiums off E Dublin-Granville Rd.
Fire crews said the explosion happened just before 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
The force from the explosion busted windows, buckled the garage door, and knocked doors off their frames according to investigators.
Columbia Gas of Ohio said an investigation of the lines and meters showed no signs of any problems. No determination was made as to whether natural gas was involved.
"This is a quiet neighborhood, this is totally out of the blue," said Luke Bauman who lives near where the explosion happened.
Bauman said the explosion happened in a home that a family moved into last week.
Inspectors spent Sunday evening checking nearby units for additional structural damage.
Columbia Gas of Ohio said as an extra precaution, they planned to inspect all lines throughout the condo community.