Fireworks cause Cedar Rapids man to lose parts of hand
A Cedar Rapids man suffered serious a serious hand injury after an accident involving fireworks.
Cedar Rapids Police say first responders were dispatched to the 2300 block of Coldstream Avenue NE for a fireworks injury. Upon arrival, they learned that a firecracker went off in a 19-year-old man's hand.
The explosion caused him to lose parts of several fingers, along with other serious damage to his hand.
The use of fireworks is prohibited within Cedar Rapids city limits.
Last year, 21 people were treated for fireworks-related injuries in Cedar Rapids.