Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Woman Hospitalized After Grease Fire

COLUMBUS (Kellie Hanna) -- A woman was taken to the hospital after a grease fire at her apartment.

Fire crews responded just after 3 a.m. to a report of a fire at 2106 Lake Club Terrace at the Cornerstone Crossing Apartments in East Columbus.

The victim says she left food on the stove in a skillet and fell asleep.  That's when the fire started.

She tried to put the fire out.  She got 2nd degree burns on her arms and suffered smoke inhalation.

Before she went to Mt. Carmel East Hospital, she knocked on her neighbor's doors to make sure they knew to evacuate.

The Red Cross will be helping her with needs she may have.

The other residents have been allowed to return to their homes.  Some other apartments did suffer smoke damage.

Neighbors say they are grateful the victim alerted them to the fire.
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content