Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Firefighters Believe Carbon Monoxide Took 74 Year Old Woman's Life

BEXLEY (Tara Morgan) -- Carbon monoxide is believed to be what caused the death of a 74 year old woman found by her daughter inside her home.

Columbus fire says the woman's daughter hadn't spoken with her mother in 24 hours and when she went to check on her she found the woman in her basement.

Emergency crews were called to the home on Chelsea Avenue at about 6:30 Friday evening.

"It's just a horrible loss horrible loss and her daughter found her so I think that's even more tragic," said longtime neighbor Susan Weller.

Columbus fire says the carbon monoxide level in house was over 600 and a small malfunctioning boiler is to blame.

"600 is very high when we normally operate walk into a house we get calls quite often we get 10,15, 25 at that point we have people leave the house," said Columbus Fire Battalion Chief Bill Bishop.

Bishop can't stress enough the importance of carbon monoxide detectors placed in basement staircases, near bedrooms and utility rooms. 
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content