Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in S. Columbus Sends 8 to Hospital

COLUMBUS (Ken Hines) -- Investigators believe eight people were inhaling carbon monoxide for days before they were hospitalized for poisoning on Wednesday morning.

The victims, who all live in the home at 2734 Bulen Ave. in South Columbus, called 911 after searching for information about their symptoms on the Internet. A measurement taken by responding firefighters revealed a high level of carbon monoxide in the home.

"My niece googled it with her symptoms, and it said we had carbon monoxide. So I [called] the fire department and had them come out because everybody's been sick, and that's what it was," victim Tina Hunter said.

Two of the occupants of the home were transported to the OSU Wexner Medical Center via ambulance. The remaining six victims were taken to the hospital by relatives.

Columbia Gas workers and a furnace technician are examining the home in order to determine the source of the poisoning.
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content