ABC 6 - Search Results
Woman & Baby Escape Burning Union Co. Home, Dogs Assumed Dead
RAYMOND, Ohio (Ken Hines) -- A woman escaped a burning home with her infant child on Monday morning in Union County, but was unable to save two dogs from the flames.
The fire broke out at approximately 12:30 p.m. at 24444 Lunda Ave. when one of the dogs knocked a burning candle on to a pillow, according to investigators.
An adult woman who was present when the fire ignited exited the home with her infant child, who suffered a bump to the head during their escape. The baby was transported to a nearby hospital as a precautionary measure.
Investigators believe two dogs died inside home, which was significantly damaged by the fire.