COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Miss out on the chance to buy tickets to Hamilton when it's in Columbus? The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA), and Broadway in Columbus (BIC) announced a digital lottery for tickets that will begin with the show’s first performance on Tuesday, Jan. 29, at the Ohio Theatre.
CAPA said 40 tickets will be sold for every performance at $10 each. The digital lottery will open at 11 a.m. on Sunday, January 27, for tickets to the Tuesday, January 29, performance. Subsequent digital lotteries will begin two days prior to each performance. The show runs Jan. 29 through Feb. 17.
Here's how to enter:
- Use the official app for HAMILTON, now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery to register.
- The lottery will open at 11 a.m. two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9 a.m. the day prior to the performance. Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11 a.m. the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided). Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets.
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at Will Call beginning two hours prior to the performance with a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable.
More details on the show can be found online here.