Cam Around Town: Steel Vengeance debuts at Cedar Point
SANDUSKY, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) - Steel Vengeance has arrived at Cedar Point!
Good Day Columbus feature reporter and photojournalist Edwin Wilson got a first look at the new "hyper-hybrid" coaster before it opened to the public.
Cedar Point says the new roller coaster will be the world's tallest and fastest hybrid roller coaster, going up to 205 feet tall and reaching speeds of 74 miles per hour. The full ride will take almost two and a half minutes.
The new coaster has broken many records, including:
- World's tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
- World's fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
- World's steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
- World's longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
- World's longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
- Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (four)
- Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
- Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- World's first "hyper-hybrid" roller coaster
Here is Cameron's coverage of the debut: