Registered Dietician Kelly Schmidt shared a recipe showcasing the heartiness of the lima bean.
Beefy Lima Bean Casserole
By: Cindy Kerschner
- 1/2 of a 28 oz. can of Keystone Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen lima beans
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Cook brown rice in vegetable broth for approximately 45 minutes until tender.
- Soak tomatoes in hot water for about 30 minutes until soft. Drain reserving liquid.
- While rice cooks, heat ground beef, onion, garlic salt in vegetable oil.
- Prepare limas according to package directions.
- Stir together cooked rice, beef mix, tomatoes and lima beans. season with curry powder. Add reserved tomato water as need.
- Heat thoroughly and serve.