Asian Festival and Kahiki Foods
While the Asian Festival isn't until next weekend, we got an early taste. Kahiki Foods stopped in to share a recipe they will have during the festival. Want to try your own? Follow their recipe for delicious chicken fried rice.
Kahiki Chicken Fried Rice
Everyday chicken fried rice using leftover rice, store bought chicken and ingredients from your refrigerator/pantry.
1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
¾ Cup Shredded Carrot, Shredded
½ Cup White Onion, Chopped
½ Cup Edamame, Shelled
½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, Diced
¾ Cup Cooked Chicken, Shredded
3 Cups Cooked Rice
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
¼ Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
½ Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in wok; add onions and stir-fry until onions turn golden, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Add carrots, edamame, and red bell pepper to the onions, stir-fry 3 minutes.
3. Add rice and stir-fry until heated.
4. Add chicken and stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, salt, sugar, black pepper and stir for 2 minutes
6. Move the cooked rice to the side of the wok so you have a well. Add ½ Tbsp. sesame oil.
7. Crack the egg into the well and stir until egg sets.
8. Stir-fry everything together for 1 minute. Serve