Portabella mushroom burger from Firebirds (recipe)
- 8 oz. – Portobello mushrooms, sliced and roasted
- 12 oz. – Ground chuck
- 2 tsp. – Porcini seasoning (Any brand mushroom/onion soup mix will work well)
- 2 – Slices of Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup – Grape tomatoes, roasted and blistered
- 2 Tbsp. – Olive Oil
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 1-2 – Whole garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. – pickled red onions
- 2 Tbsp. – Horseradish crema (A combination of horseradish, Greek yogurt, kosher salt and black
- 2- Buns
- Butter as needed
Preheat oven to 400?. Place tomatoes/garlic cloves on a sheet tray and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and creole seasoning. Place portobello mushrooms on a separate sheet tray and toss with 1Tbsp. olive oil and creole seasoning. Roast onions and tomatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes and the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes, remove and let cool slightly. While the mushrooms and tomatoes are roasting, preheat grill to medium high heat. In a food processor or blender, pulse half the sliced portobello mushrooms until chopped into gravel sized pieces. Place ground chuck and ground portobello mushrooms into a bowl, mix well and form into 2 - 8 oz patties. Season the burger on both sides with porcini seasoning or mushroom onion soup mix. Grill to desired temperature and top the burger with sliced gouda cheese until melted. In the meantime, butter and toast the buns. Add the horseradish crema to the bottom bun and add the burger. Top with blistered tomatoes and the rest roasted portobello mushrooms.
Enjoy with your favorite side dish!