Jason Momoa, John Cusack to headline Wizard World Columbus
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Ohio's longest-running and best-attended comic convention will have stars from current superhero blockbuster films, '80s icons, and everything in between.
Wizard World Comic Con Columbus -- which runs from June 8th to 10th at the Greater Columbus Convention Center -- will have close to 20 stars of film and/or TV, including "Aquaman" and "Justice League" star Jason Momoa and the star of "Say Anything," "Grosse Pointe Blank," and "High Fidelity," John Cusack. Momoa's appearance date has yet to be confirmed. Cusack will be in attendance on Saturday.
Other celebrities include:
- Winston Duke (“Black Panther,” “Avengers: Infinity War”) on Saturday
- Mike Colter (“Marvel’s Luke Cage,” “The Defenders”) on Friday and Saturday
- Billy Boyd (“Lord of the Rings”)
- John Barrowman (“Arrow,” “Torchwood”) on Saturday and Sunday
- Matt Ryan (“Constantine,” “Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag”)
- Jewel Staite (“Firefly,” “Stargate:Atlantis”) on Saturday and Sunday
- Sean Maher (“Firefly”) on Saturday and Sunday
- Holly Marie Combs (“Angel, ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) on Saturday and Sunday
- Jon Heder (“Napoleon Dynamite, ”Blades of Glory”) on Saturday and Sunday
- Ray Park ( “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace,” “X-Men”)
- Daniel Logan ( “Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones,” “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”)
- Henry Winkler (“Happy Days,” “Barry”)
- Kevin Sorbo (“Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” “Andromeda”)
- Charisma Carpenter (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”)
- Thomas Ian Nicholas (“Rookie of the Year,” “American Pie”)
The event features movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, cosplay, science-fiction, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests, opportunities for autographs, photos and selfies, and more.
Show hours will be:
- Friday, June 8 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, June 9 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission charges, pricing for special celebrity meet-and-greet sessions and celebrity guest appearance schedules are posted at Wizard World's website. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with an adult paying admission. Advance general admission prices are: $39.95 on Friday; $49.95 on Saturday ; $44.95 on Sunday; $79.95 for all three days.
Guests are invited to wear their best costumes to capture the spirit of the event and enter the costume contest on Saturday evening.