Fun events promote summer reading at Columbus Metropolitan Library locations
The Columbus Metropolitan Library is holding several community events this week to promote summer reading.
Here are the details:
Monday, June 11 | 2-3 p.m.
- Main Library; 96 S. Grant Ave.
- Reptiles 101
- A hands-on, up-close and personal education on reptiles and other animals. Presented by PT Reptiles: The Second Generation. All ages.
Tuesday, June 12 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Whitehall Branch; 4445 E. Broad St.
- Puzzle of Pots
- Calling all junior Archaeologists! Come and decorate a ceramic pot and smash it into an archaeological puzzle. Led by an archaeologist, participants will work in an archaeological dig to find the pieces to their pot and put it back together. Limit of 40 participants. Presented by Jeff White. Ages 7-11.
Wednesday, June 13 | 4-5 p.m.
- Reynoldsburg Branch; 1402 Brice Rd.
- Henna Tattoos
- Learn about the culture, history and art of henna tattoos, then get your own. Presented by Renuka Bhatt. Ages 12-17.
Thursday, June 14 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Dublin Branch; 6765 Dublin Center Dr.
- Steve Harpster: Drawing Superheroes and Villains
- Young artists get to watch animated superhero shorts, then draw characters as they finish this fun, interactive story. This program promotes drawing, creativity and storytelling to kids in a super way. Presented by Steve Harpster. Ages 6-11.
Friday, June 15 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Parsons Branch; 1113 Parsons Ave.
- Sprouting Melodies
- Join us as we sing, play and move to music that is specially designed by a music therapist to promote early development. For families.
Saturday, June 16 | 11 a.m.-noon
- South High Branch; 3540 S. High St.
- Almost Amazing Melody the Magician: Air Head
- Almost Amazing Melody the Magician will lead you on comic adventures in this action-packed show. You will create your own make-it-and-take-it balloon dog too! Presented by Rebecca MacDowell. Ages 6-11.
In addition to this week's events, the library is holding a summer reading challenge.