Father: Hanover Twp. child allegedly assaulted by babysitter not expected to survive

Babysitter charged with felonious assault and child endangering for allegedly shaking Hannah Wesche in Hanover Township (Megan Latham)

BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - A babysitter called 911 after a child in her care is injured, but on Monday that sitter is charged with causing those injuries.

3-year-old Hannah Wesche's family says she's not likely to survive.

35-year-old Lindsay Partin is facing felony charges and would likely face more serious charges if the girl dies.

Partin was in court Monday and she, along with the judge, got an earful from Hannah Wesche's father.

Lindsay Partin's voice on the 911 call made from the home where she was babysitting 3-year-old Hannah Wesche on Thursday morning.

Partin tells the dispatcher the little girl hit her head on the garage floor the day before, but seemed okay. She claimed the toddler was dropped off at her house and passed out.

Whatever happened, it landed Lindsay Partin in court on Monday morning on felony assault and child endangering charges.

Court records indicate she admitted to investigators that she struck the child. She pled not guilty. Before the judge set bond, the little girl's father asked if he could speak.

“We just want to stress that this situation is devastating,” said Jason Wesche, Hannah’s father.

Jason Wesche said his daughter would not likely survive. He said doctors had told him Hannah would probably not last more than a few days. He asked for no bond. The judge set bond at $15,000 cash on each charge. After the hearing, Wesche spoke, emotionally, about his little girl's condition.

“Hannah's not doing very well. She's brain dead from what we're told. Her EEG flatlined in the hospital a couple of days ago. We're waiting on the drugs to wear off...med coma...and do a brain death exam on her,” said Jason.

When asked to describe the 3-year-old he could only say Hannah was great, before choking up.

“I have a lot of support. It's unimaginable. I can't even explain the feeling of losing a child at the hands of such a violent act. That's all I can really say. I don't want to say too much,” said Jason.

Hannah Wesche was originally taken to Fort Hamilton hospital. After she was assessed there, they decided to fly her here to Cincinnati Children’s'.

Investigators say the child had obvious bruises on her face and head and additional bruises on her body.

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones encouraged all parents to know who is watching their children.

He suggested doing background checks and talking to neighbors.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off